HVAC Design EngineerChateauguay
|Number Of Positions||1|
Solutions Protech is currently looking for a HVAC Design Engineer to fill a full-time permanent position with one of our manufacturer clients in Chateauguay.
Main responsibilities :
- Defines the scope of work and confirms feasibility based on the originator's requirements ;
- Performs the necessary detailed calculations to develop a preliminary design ;
- Develops schedules and estimates material, labor, and engineering costs ;
- For large projects, develops a work breakdown structure ;
- Validates the design and costs by overseeing a prototype installation with unionized labor;
- Finalizes the design and prepares the fleet modification instructions along with the required specifications, requisitions, and tender documents;
- Defines and approves internal and external design;
- Ensures that system safety aspects are respected in the design process;
- Establishes the quality and environmental program requirements as well as performing health and safety impact assessments;
- Collaborate with energy efficiency project designers and construction managers throughout the project lifecycle including design, demolition, and construction;
- Perform HVAC design calculations with the supervision of the design engineer;
- Integrate feedback from construction managers into drawings;
- Produce accurate drawings that minimize costly on-site changes;
- Validate on-site installation following construction and produce as-built drawings;
- Support the design engineer on all other tasks related to mechanical drawings.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering (or equivalent);
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of engineering experience;
- Microsoft Office, CAD software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks);
- Railway or heavy transportation equipment experience (an asset);
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment and applicable standards such as ASHREA, NFPA and OSHA
- Able to analyze complex system problems and mentor other technical staff;
- Ability to work in a team and to collaborate with others;
- Dynamic and motivated individual;
- Strong hands-on practical experience;
- Able to demonstrate good engineering design and problem-solving skills.
Advantages? Work in a growing family business. If you want to work in an innovative company and make the most of your skills, send us your resume without delay. We want to meet you!
If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for to succeed in this position, please apply online or email your resume to Emie Louangpraseuth.
Solutions Protech subscribes to the principle of employment equity